Type of Information Collected and When It May Be Collected
How We Use and Disclose the Information
- With respect to communications including Personal Health Information exchanged through the Site’s services, these communications and the information may be stored by us or our service providers, on our behalf as required by Law.
Updates and Corrections, Access
- If you register to use Site services, or provide us with your Personally Identifiable Information, we ask that you keep information we maintain about you and your Organization on our systems, such as your name, email address, and other contact information, complete and up to date. You may update and access this information by contacting us.
No Direct Marketing
- We will not rent, sell or license your Personally Identifiable Information or Personal Health Information to others for their use in direct marketing to you. Notwithstanding the above, we may use and/ or disclose to our agents your Personally Identifiable Information to contact you about the Site as well as new features and services offered by Availity and our business partners.
Links to Other Sites and Services
- This Site is intended to be used only by users located within the continental United States, Alaska and Hawaii.
- We will use reasonable security measures to protect the Site and information gathered from you through use of this Site, and at least those security measures required by law. However, we are not responsible for any breach of security or for the unauthorized use by others of your information.
Other Sources of Information About You
Monitor Your Use
- Availity reserves the right to monitor your use of the Site at any time, without notice.
- If you have any questions about this Site and its operations, please Contact Us.
Availity is Committed to Privacy of Patent Information. We Use Proven Information Security Safeguards
- We employ safeguards designed to protect the confidentiality of each patient’s medical records, patient accounts, and clinical information from information systems.
- We secure all protected health information, utilize progressive technology and enforce regulatory mandates to limit access to medical information systems for patient privacy.
We Ensure Patient Information is Protected and Secure
- We protect the transfer of protected health information between approved submitters and receivers.
We Hold Ourselves Accountable to Our Privacy Principles
- We established a Regulatory and Compliance Committee to ensure that the corporate culture of high ethics is continually emphasized. The committee structure includes representation from all business units and provides a forum for communication, discussion of topics essential to an effective compliance program and assurance that policies address the needs of the company.
- We also conduct internal and external assessments of our operational security and privacy practices.
- We provide all Availity employees with training programs designed to educate our employees about the meaning and requirements of our privacy practices and procedures. Employees who violate these commitments are subject to disciplinary action up to and including dismissal. Employees are expected to report any violations to their manager or to the Availity Privacy Officer.
We Extend These Privacy Principles to Our Healthcare Partners
- We require companies we select as our healthcare partners to agree to keep patient medical information confidential and secure.
- Our healthcare partners must also protect patient medical information against unauthorized access, use, or disclosure by the healthcare partner, and limit its use to the purposes for which it was accessed.