Availity delivers revenue cycle and related business solutions for health care professionals who want to build healthy, thriving organizations. Availity has the powerful tools, actionable insights and expansive network reach that medical businesses need to get an edge in an industry constantly redefined by change.
The Technical Architect III is responsible for designing architectural solutions for evolving business needs. This person will conceptualize and experiment with alternative architectural approaches, creating component and interface specification documents and validating the architecture against requirements and assumptions. This person should be able to articulate the current architectural vision as well as provide input for future architecture strategy. They are accountable for adhering to the architecture framework for future Availity technology decisions, understanding and linking business architecture with the technical architecture for the enterprise and bridging the gaps between business and technology. This position will also assist in developing an Information Architecture to support high volume operational and reporting systems.
• Architecture Design:
Develops information architectures to support high volume operational and reporting data environments.
Collaborates with Data Architects and DBAs to facilitate the design, and implementation of new data structures and physical designs
Align strategic and tactical projects with enterprise level Information Architecture and Strategy
Creates architectural strategies and plans to meet business and technology needs.
Seeks approval for designs from appropriate approval bodies and evaluates and factors in the cost-benefit for each proposed design or changes to design
Builds credibility with clients and technical staff through the delivery of sound business architecture solutions
Consults with business and technology project staff to fit systems to architecture and identify when it is necessary to modify technical architecture to accommodate project needs
Collaborates with team members and documents the principles and frameworks that guide architecture decisions
Responsible for providing direction, setting governance processes, integrating and consulting on architecture standards and guiding principles for the enterprise or functional area
Facilitates the development of standardized procedures to provide a common process to integrate the deployment of new tools, techniques and technologies to existing IT processes
Communicates/educates on architecture to business and technical leadership
Accountable for increasing the company’s understanding of architecture, standards and associated procedures
Maintains knowledge of technology, trends, and standards
Modifies enterprise architecture strategy in collaboration with team members
• High school diploma or equivalent
College degree strongly preferred - more extensive work experience will be required for lack of a degree
• Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent work experience. Advanced degree preferred a plus.
• Ten years of IT experience and five years experience designing complex, integrated application solutions
Extensive experience designing and implementing information and technology architectures to support high volume transaction systems
• Experience in developing and implementing IT architecture plans, Enterprise
• Experience working with Product Management teams in a large marketing department a plus.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to explain and document the Enterprise Architecture to diverse audiences (technical, business, etc) and strong leadership skills to indirectly manage and influence across functional teams toward common solutions
Architecture standard and guidelines, software development methodologies and strategic plans
• Understanding of web development methodologies, application design, navigation, and enterprise architecture
• Proven experience in architecting and managing environments that include but is not limited to:
o High throughput transaction processing, operational datastore, datawarehouse and OLAP environments UML, RUP EJB, OOAD, JMS, MOM, SOA, BPEL, EBS, SAML
Solaris, Linux, Windows XP Oracle, JDBC, No SQL, Other enterprise RDBMS’s, Informatica, Cognos or similar WebSphere, JBoss, Spring, Hibernate, Tomcat, Ant, JUnit, Apache TOGAF, Zachman
• Ability to work independently under minimal guidance
• Demonstrated ability to use discretion and make sound decisions
• Ability to work under pressure
• Maintains composure and professionalism in an interrupt-driven environment
• Must be able to multi-task
• Extensive knowledge of the health care/payer/provider/insurance industry, specifically standard HIPAA transactions processing systems, provider office operations, and customer service processes in a health care company a plus.
• High throughput transaction processing in Financial Services a plus
Availity is an equal opportunity employer and makes decisions in employment matters without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
NOTICE: Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. When required by state law or federal regulation, Availity uses I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification in conjunction with E-Verify to determine employment eligibility. Learn more about E-Verify at http://www.dhs.gov/e-verify.