Availity delivers revenue cycle and related business solutions for health care professionals who want to build healthy, thriving organizations. Availity has the powerful tools, actionable insights and expansive network reach that medical businesses need to get an edge in an industry constantly redefined by change.
The LMS Technology Specialist is responsible for all aspects of administration and configuration for the internal and external learning management systems (LMSs), including loading and testing of courses and curricula, managing user data, designing and generating learning reports, administering learning plans, and troubleshooting technical and configuration issues. The LMS Technology Specialist also assists Availity Learning with gathering information for learning deliverables, updating and creating deliverables, handling webinar administration, and coordinating and/or delivering learning events, as needed.
• Obtain and maintain a deep understanding of all components, features, and functions of the LMS.
• Serve as subject matter expert for the LMS and provide ongoing user support including research, resolution, and escalation of LMS issues.
• Maintain the integrity of the data in the LMS.
• Identify roles and responsibilities within the LMS and determine appropriate permissions for various users and audiences.
• Design and generate standard and customized reports for the LMS.
• Design and update the LMS canvas and interface using HTML and CSS. Create and post graphics as needed.
• Create domains and/or microsites for specialized audiences.
• Manage the evaluation, selection, and implementation of new LMS technologies, as needed.
• Interface with LMS vendor(s) on special projects and technical integrations with other systems.
• Make recommendations on future improvements to content management, workflow processes, and user experience.
• Coordinate with Human Resources and hiring managers to create, assign, and monitor completion of new hire training plans.
• Administer annual compliance training plans and monitor/report course completion.
• Manage learning content for key stakeholders, including external entities.
• Collaborate with subject matter experts and trainers to gather information for learning deliverables.
• Update, create, test, and implement learning deliverables in the LMS, as needed.
• Coordinate learning events and manage webinar administration; such as setting up webinars in WebEx, providing attendance reports, creating monthly webinar schedules for different departments, etc.
• Create marketing materials to promote learning deliverables; coordinate with Marketing and Communications department.
• Oversee vendor management for online learning content.
• Other assistance and tasks, as needed.
The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected or asked to perform.
• Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent in work experience.
• Proven track record managing and implementing a learning management system (LMS).
• Experience administering and using a Web conferencing tool.
• Experience with Web scripting languages and learning standards such as SCORM and Experience API (xAPI or Tin Can API).
• Experience creating e-learning deliverables a plus.
• Experience creating and conducting instructor-led training a plus.
• Experience working in a health care IT environment a plus.
• Experience working in a customer service operations environment a plus.
• Experience in testing and troubleshooting of all standard operating systems and browsers
• Strong data analysis skills
• Highly energetic and self-motivated with the ability to work independently.
• Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple projects, follow through on tasks, and meet deadlines.
• Strong aptitude for technology with the ability to absorb new ideas and
concepts quickly, solve system problems, and streamline processes.
• Technical production skills using tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Acrobat, Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), HTML, and CSS.
• Motivated by helping others and providing excellent customer service.
• Strong interpersonal skills to perform at a high level in a team environment.
• Strong oral, written, and visual communication skills.
• Strong project management skills
• Experience using instructional design methodologies and rapid e-learning tools (such as Lectora or Captivate) a plus.
• Marketing knowledge and experience a plus.
Availity is an equal opportunity employer and makes decisions in employment matters without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
NOTICE: Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. When required by state law or federal regulation, Availity uses I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification in conjunction with E-Verify to determine employment eligibility. Learn more about E-Verify at http://www.dhs.gov/e-verify.