Availity delivers revenue cycle and related business solutions for health care professionals who want to build healthy, thriving organizations. Availity has the powerful tools, actionable insights and expansive network reach that medical businesses need to get an edge in an industry constantly redefined by change.
This position is responsible for supporting inside counsel in implementing company contract requirements and terms and conditions to ensure compliance with appropriate laws, regulations, corporate and compliance policies and business unit procedures. The position will review and analyze new laws, regulations and contract trends for potential impact on business goals and objectives. Under the direction of inside counsel, this position works with internal business teams on objectives relating to contract activity. The position is responsible for ensuring timely filing of corporate filings.
- Supports a team of legal professionals that manage all facets of contract drafting, negotiation, management and administration.
- Under the supervision of the inside counsel, maintains accurate files of all contractual documents and correspondence.
- Assists in audits, reviews, and other special projects as required.
- Assists in the tracking and filing of corporate documents.
- Performs research to maintain corporate regulatory compliance.
- Under the supervision of the inside counsel, researches laws, rules, and regulations that may affect the organization.
- Update and communicate policies and procedures that ensure compliance with regulatory and contractual requirements.
- Work collaboratively with audit and compliance to ensure adequate internal controls are present to ensure compliance.
• BA in related field or 10 years relevant work experience in field
• 7 to 10 years of business, finance, procurement, contracts, legal or project management work experience preferred.
• Work experience in regulated industries, especially health care, preferred.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Asset management and project management.
• Relationship management and collaboration skills.
• Multi-tasking – able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work independently under minimal guidance.
• Demonstrated ability to perform analysis, use discretion, and make sound decisions.
• Formats for a variety of legal documents, legal terminology.
• HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) knowledge preferred.
• Ability to adapt to constantly changing priorities in managing a wide variety of projects.
• Analytical thinking.
• Excellent planning and organizational skills.
Availity is an equal opportunity employer and makes decisions in employment matters without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
NOTICE: Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. When required by state law or federal regulation, Availity uses I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification in conjunction with E-Verify to determine employment eligibility. Learn more about E-Verify at http://www.dhs.gov/e-verify.