Availity delivers revenue cycle and related business solutions for health care professionals who want to build healthy, thriving organizations. Availity has the powerful tools, actionable insights and expansive network reach that medical businesses need to get an edge in an industry constantly redefined by change.
The Accounting Analyst, Senior - Expense position reports to the Manager, Financial Accounting. This position is responsible for the recording of accounting entries, the completion of accurate and timely accounting records, and the production of financial reports based on those records. Other responsibilities include performing account analysis, preparing account reconciliations, preparing accounting statements and reports. Plans, coordinates and resolves accounting matters with Finance members, other internal departments, and external resources. Assists in enforcing accounting policies and procedures to ensure all financial transactions are executed and documented in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
• Complete monthly close procedures (creating entries, preparing schedules, completing account reconciliations, etc.)
• Analyze and investigate discrepancies between actuals and forecast.
• Collaboratively work to resolve issues and create more efficient processes and procedures
• Assist Manager Financial Accounting in reviewing month end financials
• Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data
• Assist the Manager Financial Accounting with the day to day, monthly and year end operations of the Finance Department
• Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures and recommends changes
• Assist with compilation and explanation of audit support for year-end financial audit
The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected or asked to perform.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field
• 4+ years of general accounting experience
• Experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
• Experience using Great Plains or other accounting system software
• Experience using Coupa is a plus
• Public accounting experience is a plus
• CPA or CPA eligible is a plus
• Familiarity with concepts, practices and procedures related to the application of GAAP
• Strong analytical skills to effectively evaluate data
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational skills; must be detail-oriented
• Open to change and willing to learn new skills
• Ability to follow up on pending issues
Availity is an equal opportunity employer and makes decisions in employment matters without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
NOTICE: Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. When required by state law or federal regulation, Availity uses I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification in conjunction with E-Verify to determine employment eligibility. Learn more about E-Verify at http://www.dhs.gov/e-verify.