Availity delivers revenue cycle and related business solutions for health care professionals who want to build healthy, thriving organizations. Availity has the powerful tools, actionable insights and expansive network reach that medical businesses need to get an edge in an industry constantly redefined by change.
• The Scrum Master is responsible for ensuring Scrum is understood and enacted. Scrum Masters do this by ensuring that the Scrum Team adheres to Scrum theory, practices, and rules. The Scrum Master is a servant-leader for the Scrum Team. The Scrum Master helps those outside the Scrum Team understand which of their interactions with the Scrum Team are helpful and which are not. The Scrum Master helps everyone change these interactions to maximize the value created by the Scrum Team.
• As a Scrum Master at Availity, you are responsible for providing day-to-day coaching of cross-functional project teams. You will facilitate daily scrum sessions and will be responsible for removing obstacles for the team’s pursuit of its sprint goals and making sure the team remains in rhythm.
• You are responsible for helping the Scrum Team maximize productivity. Facilitating productivity for the Scrum Team might include reviewing/providing input to the backlog and release plan or radiating Scrum artifacts to ensure the Product Owner is informed about the team’s successes.
• You are also responsible for escalation of issues and preparation of change requests as needed; works with Product Owner and team to identify and manage project.
• To be successful in this role, you must have broad applied project management and/or scrum master experience along with strong relationship management, negotiation and collaboration skills.
• Support Execution of Roadmap
o Ensure that the MVP is created and that every team member is aligned to it.
o Works with product owner, tech lead, scrum team and shared resources on estimation, deliverables, timelines, feasibility, etc.
o Advise leadership, customers, staff on strategic solutions to dealing with barriers within a project
• Facilitate Productivity
o Facilitates the team’s planning process (IPM, Sprints, etc.)
o Identify and coordinate with supporting organizations to determine dependencies with other teams/groups and mitigate impediments so goals can be achieved
o Work with the team to collect appropriate metrics to evaluate the productivity of the team.
o Facilitate the process of inspection and adaption to produce improved efficiency
o Coaching and mentoring the team to become self-managing
o Remove team impediments
o Train the organization in the practice of creating quality user stories, acceptance criteria, and prioritization
• Facilitate Process
o Facilitates the stand-up, planning, review and retrospective meetings
o Serves as the subject matter expert on the Scrum process.
o Ensures that the Scrum implementation is consistent with the Availity-In-Rhythm (AIR) guidelines.
o Ensure appropriate documentation, creation and maintenance of team/product artifacts (e.g., Run Books, Team Pages in Confluence, Team Goals, etc.)
o Along with the product owner and tech lead, accountable for monitoring scrum team and project performance.
The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected or asked to perform.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in work experience
• Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification required. NOTE: If not already acquired, certification must be obtained (at company expense) within the first 6 months on the job for continued employment in the role.
• Experience leading teams (e.g., distributing/tracking tasks/assignments, working issues, facilitating meetings to achieve objectives, coaching)
• Strong relationship management, negotiation and collaboration skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work independently under minimal guidance
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships, supporting leadership and company team members
• Must be able to garner respect from his/her team and be willing to be hands-on with tasks to get the job done
• Must be able to ensure Agile/Scrum concepts and principles are adhered to, be a voice of reason and authority, make the tough calls when necessary.
• Must continually grow in one’s craft, learning new tools and techniques to manage oneself and a team
• Must be able to lead a team to self-organization/self-sufficiency (be able to stand on own)
• Must be the first to notice team dynamic issues as they arise and address concerns with the appropriate parties to get performance back on track
• Must have strong PC skills specifically utilizing the MS Office Suite products (e.g., MS Word, MS Excels, etc.).
• Must possess knowledge of various Project Management and Product Development concepts, methodologies and processes including but not limited to Agile and Scrum. Have a deep understanding of industry and/or web portal business related processes, products, systems, functions and architectures
• Demonstrated ability to use discretion and make sound decisions and offer strategic input to complex business problems
• Ability to work under pressure. Maintains composure and professionalism in an interrupt-driven environment. Must be able to multi-task.
• Must be flexible and embrace change
Availity is an equal opportunity employer and makes decisions in employment matters without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
NOTICE: Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. When required by state law or federal regulation, Availity uses I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification in conjunction with E-Verify to determine employment eligibility. Learn more about E-Verify at http://www.dhs.gov/e-verify.