Availity delivers revenue cycle and related business solutions for health care professionals who want to build healthy, thriving organizations. Availity has the powerful tools, actionable insights and expansive network reach that medical businesses need to get an edge in an industry constantly redefined by change.
The Application Support Technologist I is responsible for providing proactive end-to-end technical monitoring of the core applications, as well as the related technical interfaces. With an individual, task-based approach, the team researches and fixes health care transaction processing issues from Provider and Payer clients, provides incident management, support and escalation, and drives through problem resolution.
• Engages with internal and external clients via multiple sources to research and rectify technical service interruptions and errors.
• Collaborates with teammates to understand and identify performance and error trends.
• Provides timely response to tickets, inquiries, and work requests.
• Pays close attention to detail, specifically during the corrective planning and execution phases.
• Identifies error trends and performs predictive analysis.
• Queries and manages the status of specific application functionality, as directed.
• Attends recurring Team meetings as an active and passive contributor.
• Creates procedural documentation and process flows as required.
• Attends training courses to stay up to date on an array of products and technology.
• Builds an internal employee network of people who can assist with the updating and resolution of problem tickets.
• Creates basic communication emails to notify all relevant parties of system or application outages
• Investigates and interprets production issues with the application code to resolve issues
The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected or asked to perform.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
• 2 or more years of experience in IT customer support
• EDI resolution
• Previous programming in .net, XML, VB6, and/or Visual C++
• Web-based software support and/or healthcare experience in a data/process analysis role
• Has a solid understanding of computer desktop application for MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
• Possesses efficient key boarding/data entry skills
• Bachelor’s degree Computer Science or a related field of study or equivalent work experience
• Can utilize technology tools to monitor direct and indirect external connections for evidence of service interruptions and processing issues.
• Comfortable/experienced in an application IT support role, with understanding of basic support principles [ITIL preferred].
• Can create basic communications that update or inform people of issue status.
• Understands and can demonstrate the basic principles around networking and computer communications [FTP/HTTP/etc.].
• Can demonstrate general understanding of relational database concepts and structures.
• Must be able to demonstrate proficiency using basic SQL to generate Oracle database queries and create scripts, in order to resolve incidents, gather data, or generate reports.
• Utilizes monitoring tools and responds to alerts that detect system outages or performance degradation, and rectifies/escalates as appropriate.
• Applies entry level knowledge of Splunk or similar environmental analysis tools in day to day workflow.
• Familiar or proficient using Atlassian products, such as JIRA and Confluence, or similar workflow management and knowledgebase tools, in order to create/update relevant ticket status.
• Capable of working in a fluid and dynamic environment where priorities evolve and adjust based on issue severity and impact.
• Interest and/or experience with batch file processing, job schedulers, and/or automated solutions.
• Stays current on Availity products, release notes and marketing communications
• Identifies many possible causes for a problem and narrows down to the mostly likely cause
• Carefully weighs the priority of things to be completed
• Asks question to clarify understanding
Availity is an equal opportunity employer and makes decisions in employment matters without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
NOTICE: Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. When required by state law or federal regulation, Availity uses I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification in conjunction with E-Verify to determine employment eligibility. Learn more about E-Verify at http://www.dhs.gov/e-verify.