A better way to manage prior authorizations
According to a 2019 survey by the American Medical Association, 86% of physicians describe the burden of prior authorizations as high or extremely high. Availity helps payers streamline the process for their provider networks with solutions available through both Availity Essentials and Intelligent Gateway.
Is Auth Required?
- Allows providers to check to see if an authorization is required before initiating a request.
- Checks service codes against a payer database, providing confirmation and reducing calls and unnecessary paperwork.
- Available through the Availity Essentials or Intelligent Gateway.
Authorization and Referral Workflow
- Guides providers through creating an authorization using Essentials' intuitive user interface.
- Offers a dashboard to review the status of previously submitted authorizations from all payers.
- Supports submitting documents electronically.
- Integrates with utilization management vendors.
- Automates the exchange of data between a provider organization and a payer during the inpatient concurrent review process.
- Monitors the hospital ADT feed to gather information for creating the authorization request (x12 278).