Integrated Claims Clearinghouse to Optimize Epic Workqueues
With your organization’s investment in Epic, your number one priority when evaluating claim clearinghouse vendors is selecting one that can smoothly integrate and support your optimization needs downstream. Many vendors claim to offer this support, but the reality often falls short. Availity consistently ranks highly with Epic customers and offers deep integration experience and expertise both during your implementation and beyond. We strive to be the single vendor of choice for RCM within Epic—saving you time and money and helping you achieve great results.
Workflows that Easily Integrate with Your System
Availity has a long history of working with Epic clients in hospitals and physician practices across the country. For both preservice and claims management activities, we focus on creating a seamless workflow where users can work in their Epic environment and screens.
Our Epic experience helps streamline in all phases of the lifecycle—from development and implementation to testing and support.
Our clients count on us to support their business by:
- Lowering first pass error rates
- Decreasing preservice denials
- Optimizing workflows
- Simplifying EDI enrollments
- Enhancing the system post implementation
Reducing Denials by Supporting Front-desk Staff
Payer denials are on the rise, and one of the most effective ways to prevent them is to ensure registration and front-desk staff have the most current information, either before or at the point of service. Availity Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) connects directly to Epic’s Prelude patient registration module and delivers high-quality critical payer and patient data including:
- Batch and real-time eligibility (RTE) via 270/271
- Notice of admission via 278N
- Propensity to pay, which includes credit score & address verification
- Prior Authorization Services
Powerful claims management for Hospital and Professional Billing (HB and PB)
Availity delivers deep integration with Epic’s Claim Reconciliation Database (CRD), allowing you to truly manage your revenue cycle from end to end.
- View claim status, correct clearinghouse edits, and resubmit the claim through a Workqueue—all from within the Epic system or Availity RCM.
- Use best-in-class claim scrubbing for both HB and PB claims, including customizable edits and rules, all-payer connectivity, and advanced 276/277 claim status update feeds to Epic.
- Leverage Availity real-time eligibility (an industry gold standard) prior to claim submission to prevent pended claims or denials. Eligibility-related errors are returned back to Epic Claim Edit Workqueues.
Other features include a number of hospital-specific editing packages, electronic worker’s comp claims, integrated dental claims, customized Epic postback rules, electronic attachments, Medicare FISS integration, and more.