Register Now for Availity, Capital BlueCross’ New Provider Portal!
Capital BlueCross is working with Availity to offer a full suite of electronic data interchange (EDI) health information exchange services through a single online connection.
The Availity Provider Portal offers secure online access to multiple health plans. Capital BlueCross providers can now manage eligibility and benefits, claims and claim status, and other electronic transactions using real-time data entry or batch submissions through Availity.
One user ID and password is the key to information from multiple payers.
Because the Availity Portal is a multi-payer site, you can use a single user ID and password to work with Capital BlueCross and other health plans online. Availity is compliant with all HIPAA regulations, and there is no cost for providers to register or use any of the online tools.
Don’t delay! Register today and avoid interruption of services for managing the care of your Capital BlueCross members.
Check this page and Capital BlueCross’ monthly provider communications in the provider library for updates. For all questions regarding this transition, please go to the Who to Contact section further down this page.
Q: Why is Capital BlueCross asking me to register or get set up to use Availity?
A: Capital BlueCross is moving their electronic provider services to the Availity platform. Availity will become Capital BlueCross’ online provider portal beginning May 1, 2019. We recommend that you and other users in your organization begin using Availity for all your Capital BlueCross transactions to see its advantages for yourself.
Q: Why does Capital BlueCross want me to use Availity?
A: Capital BlueCross is working to streamline healthcare processes wherever possible by making it easier to work online. They have selected Availity as their provider portal to help providers access secure information and submit transactions online. By using the Availity Portal, you can access information and transactions from Capital BlueCross and other health plans on one website, using a single user ID and password.
Q: What new tools and features will be available on the Availity Portal?
A: The same features you had before will now be easier to access and use. You’ll still be able to look up eligibility and benefit information and finalized claim status, among other features. Additional functionality will be added in the coming months.
To see what’s moving from Capital BlueCross’ portal to Availity, scroll down to the Where to find what you need on the Availity Portal section.
Tip: As the Administrator for your office, you will grant and maintain access to Availity for your entire organization.
Before you start, make sure you have this information handy:
- Basic information about your practice, including your federal tax ID and NPI.
- The name of someone with the legal authority to sign agreements for your organization. Typically this is an owner or senior partner.
- Go to www.availity.com.
- Click Register, and follow the guided steps to complete your registration.
- After you complete your registration, Availity will send you emails that include your next steps and temporary password. You may then begin adding other users for your organization.
For best results, check out the quick tips on our registration help page. If you find you need additional assistance registering with Availity, you can call Availity Client Services at 1-800-AVAILITY (282-4548). Help is available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Eastern time (excluding holidays).
Tip: The Add User help topic available via the Help & Training | Find Help menu on the Availity Portal explains how Availity administrators can add users, either one at a time or with a spreadsheet.
- To make the transition easy, Availity offers a variety of training sessions and information via the Availity Learning Center (ALC). After you register with Availity, log in to the Availity Portal and click Help & Training | Get Trained to access recorded demonstrations. When you get there, search for “onboarding” to find quick and easy-to-follow demos to help you get started.
- The ALC offers in-depth product training as well as continuing education via national industry experts.
For questions about:
Contact the following:
Availity Provider Portal or Availity Intelligent Gateway transactions
Availity capabilities for Capital BlueCross
|Prior Capital BlueCross provider portal
Select: Option 4
|Capital BlueCross’s transition
|| Email: ProviderAutomation@CapBlueCross.com
Availity, LLC is an independent company providing health information networking services for Capital BlueCross.