Availity delivers revenue cycle and related business solutions for health care professionals who want to build healthy, thriving organizations. Availity has the powerful tools, actionable insights and expansive network reach that medical businesses need to get an edge in an industry constantly redefined by change.
Functions as the bridge between the Product Manager and the delivery team by aligning both parties to the common goals and big picture of the enterprise and business. Defines what success means for the team and the product. Works very closely with the Product Manager and coordinates with him/her on the scoping & priority issues on a regular basis. Pursues opportunities to differentiate Availity products from the competition. Manages stakeholder expectations. Facilitates the Customer Team process and serves as their spokesperson. Ensure that the team remains in the rhythm of continuously delivering customer and business value.
• Lead the practice of Storyboarding
• Develop and prioritize user stories based on the understanding of the overall business benefit and the relative cost of each piece of work (based on the business objectives)
• Clearly define the acceptance criteria for each of the stories
• Make sure that the stories are VENTI – Valuable, Estimable, Negotiable, Testable and Independent
• Verify that the customer deliverables of stories, are consistent and agreed-upon
o Have a solid understanding of the customer and user segments
o Have a strong understanding of the business needs, product domain and business logic and use this to enable rapid technical development decisions.
o Be available to provide clarification of user stories
o Prevent customers and users from getting into unnecessary short-term product development trade-offs
Readiness & Validation Rhythm
• Facilitate the Customer Team process
o Manage the scope of the product backlog
? Determine if changes need to be made to the backlog to meet the product’s unique needs
? Groom backlog to add, delete or modify user stories on regular basis
o With Customer Team:
? Provide direction to the Team on the scope and business objectives
? Ascertain that the Customer Team is prepared before release and iteration planning
? Actively participate in the release planning meeting with the whole team
? Ensure that the scope of monthly release demos remains realistic with respect to the capacity of the team
? Minimize scope changes mid-stream
? Monitor progress
o With Scrum Master:
? Stay aware of the status, risks and issues
? Assist with coordination of project planning, review/demo meetings, shared resource scheduling and celebrations
? Continually map and manage the scope of iterations & releases to match the team’s capacity
? Track progress and re-prioritization of backlog
o With User Experience Team Members:
? Ensure the usability testing is done on a regular basis and feedback incorporated in alignment with charter
o With QA Team Members:
? Form the acceptance criteria and develop relevant test cases
? Prioritize the logged defects
? Participate in acceptance testing for every release
? Confirm the developed product is acceptable to the end user
o Keep the product charter updated; Make constant adjustments
? Ascertain that the Customer Team agrees on priorities
? Ascertain that the Customer Team agrees on acceptance
? Communicate the impact of changes and align the whole team around it
? Verify that the customer deliverables of wireframes, design and acceptance tests are consistent and agreed-upon
o With Other Product Owners & Product Managers:
? Identify synergies and dependencies between their roadmaps
? Identify conflicts between two or more verticals
? Act as a mentor for other Product Owners.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field of study or equivalent experience
• Master’s degree a plus
• 3 - 5 years of progressive work experience designing business processes, process mapping, working on process improvement initiatives and business system design.
• Experience in the writing of detailed technical documentation, specifically business requirements and functional specifications.
• Experience with facilitating JAD sessions or other requirements gathering processes.
• System testing experience.
• Experience with data modeling, relational databases, data structures and design a plus.
• Experience working in an entrepreneurial company a plus.
• Demonstrated mastery using PC skills, MS Suite products, and flowcharting tools. Must have a demonstrated mastery using email and electronic scheduling calendars.
• Understanding of web development methodologies, application design, navigation, and information architecture.
• Strong relationship management and collaboration skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work independently under minimal guidance.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
• Demonstrated ability to use discretion and make sound decisions.
• Ability to work under pressure. Maintains composure and professionalism in an interrupt-driven environment. Must be able to multi-task.
• Must be flexible and embrace change
• Extensive knowledge of the health care/payer/insurance industry specifically claims processing systems, provider office operations, and customer service processes in a health care company a plus.
• Understanding of TDD a plus
• Knowledge of EDIFECs, Initiate MPI, Informatica B2B, HL7, X12 and EDI a plus
Availity is an equal opportunity employer and makes decisions in employment matters without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
NOTICE: Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. When required by state law or federal regulation, Availity uses I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification in conjunction with E-Verify to determine employment eligibility. Learn more about E-Verify at http://www.dhs.gov/e-verify.