Availity delivers revenue cycle and related business solutions for health care professionals who want to build healthy, thriving organizations. Availity has the powerful tools, actionable insights and expansive network reach that medical businesses need to get an edge in an industry constantly redefined by change.
Quality Assurance defines the testing environments used by the organization and establishes and improves the organizations testing process and overall effectiveness of meeting design requirements. Individuals within the Quality Assurance job family are responsible for developing and executing formal test plans to ensure the delivery of quality software applications
• Performs user and workflow testing, exhibiting ability through analytic skill and experience to anticipate the larger ramifications and interactions of a defect.
• Leads estimation of testing times/schedules
• Sets and monitors test execution rate
• Develops test plans, test scenarios and test cases based on business, user, functional and nonfunctional requirements. Reviews test documentation developed by Analyst I or peers
• Establishes and identifies test data based on pre-determined requirements
• Assists in the preparation of a test environment for executing test plans
• Evaluates and recommends QA standards and continual improvement activities; Makes recommendations for long-term improvements of quality assurance process, workflow and QA department
• Trains and mentors other analysts in testing methodology and the software development life cycle
• Executes and monitors testing results and communicates the results. Coordinate with UAT test group(s) to ensure all issues are communicated and resolved. Recommends development changes
• Validates and documents completion of testing and development processes. Ensures compliance with testing and development methodology and policies
• Provides production support of software products by investigating and recreating reported defects
• Participates in release implementation
• Scopes project time and resource requirements and reviews with other developers
• Validates entrance and exit criteria items are met
• Responsible for Test Evaluation Summary creation
• Ensures release defects are resolved and/or deferred prior to product implementation
• Works independently and provides guidance to others.
The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected or asked to perform.
• 4 plus years work experience in business/systems testing
• Health care industry strongly preferred
• Must have a solid understanding of general testing techniques such as functional, integration performance and regression testing
• Must have a working knowledge of test management and automated testing tools and concepts
• Ability to create, update and delete data utilizing SQL for creation of test data
• Must have strong project management skills with the ability to work on cross functional project teams
• Ability to estimate test schedules and assess risk with moderate supervision.
• Displays keen sense of initiative in taking on new tasks and in providing improved methods as well as help in training new members of QA.
• Experience working within an Agile framework (Scrum team, etc.)
• Experience with testing Health Care Systems
• Knowledge of change management processes
• Detail understanding of and experience with Information Technology Concepts
• Experience in multi-day cycle testing and software debugging
• Automation tool experience
• BS or BA or work experience to substitute
Availity is an equal opportunity employer and makes decisions in employment matters without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
NOTICE: Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. When required by state law or federal regulation, Availity uses I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification in conjunction with E-Verify to determine employment eligibility. Learn more about E-Verify at http://www.dhs.gov/e-verify.