Availity delivers revenue cycle and related business solutions for health care professionals who want to build healthy, thriving organizations. Availity has the powerful tools, actionable insights and expansive network reach that medical businesses need to get an edge in an industry constantly redefined by change.
Operations Center Intern is responsible for assisting Operations Center Engineers with monitoring application performance and availability.
Assist with the application of machine learning techniques to Splunk monitoring. Create custom Splunk reports and dashboards; and assist Operation Center Engineers with researching incidents using Splunk.
- Creating and evaluating synthetic monitors
- Track monitoring requirements from runbook reviews
- Incident research for monitor creation or improvement
- Communications management
- Reviewing, documenting, and reporting on active monitors
Responsible for planning, designing, and implementing the appropriate monitoring and alerting solutions needed to ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of enterprise information systems.
Identify monitoring gaps as a result of root cause analysis.
Ensure monitoring system dashboards and searches are organized and operational.
• Associate’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or equivalent work experience.
• Splunk, New Relic, JIRA, Confluence, IT360
• Functional knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL)
• Java or .NET
• Utilization of source control repositories (i.e. Git, Stash, TFS)
• Experience in a 24/7 on-call support organization
• Experience in the Health care industry designing and developing applications in support of claims processing
- Currently enrolled in an accredited university or college
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Requires self-direction, tact, diplomacy and a clear courteous and professional manner when dealing with the customers.
- Efficient research, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to work in a team environment with a variety of professionals while also working independently, with minimal supervision.
- Utilization of PC applications, such as MS Suite products, flowcharting tools, e-mail, and electronic calendar scheduling.
- Detail-oriented; productive without compromising quality.
- Working knowledge of Unix or Linux, and Windows environments
- Leverages previous experience and skill to develop inter-departmental relationships with other functional areas of the company
Availity is an equal opportunity employer and makes decisions in employment matters without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
NOTICE: Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. When required by state law or federal regulation, Availity uses I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification in conjunction with E-Verify to determine employment eligibility. Learn more about E-Verify at http://www.dhs.gov/e-verify.