Availity delivers revenue cycle and related business solutions for health care professionals who want to build healthy, thriving organizations. Availity has the powerful tools, actionable insights and expansive network reach that medical businesses need to get an edge in an industry constantly redefined by change.
The Project Manager I will coordinate the technical development of new products as well as the product launch process of software solutions designed for use within medical office/hospital healthcare environments. This is a multi-disciplinary role which will partner with Marketing and Communications, Support, Information Technology, Sales, Accounting, client service teams, and customers to drive the product strategy and improve overall customer experience.
• Professional demeanor
• Affable personality
• Be an efficient self-starter with the ability to work independently
• Be well-organized and possess superior attention to detail
• Demonstrate enthusiasm and have a sense of urgency
• Contribute to project activities during crunch time
• Exceptional interpersonal communication
• Highly motivated, outgoing, and dependable
• Possesses a commitment to integrity
• Be proactive when assigned tasks
• Provide consistent, appropriately detailed status communication to customers as well as internal stakeholders
• Assist the leadership team to create standard, repeatable processes for project management and project control
• Track status, risks, and issues
• Maintain project timeline
• Work with client service teams and other leadership from multiple functional areas
• Communicate effectively and work with other leadership to effectively manage client relationships
• Coordinate project efforts both internally as well as with clients
• Distill data into useful information and to present it clearly so that it is understandable at any level of the organization
• Measure, prioritize and drive substantial and incremental improvement of all customer touch points across the customer lifecycle
• Participate as required with internal staff, including during development and business requirements phases for product enhancements and additional ancillary business lines.
• Maintain a working knowledge of other aspects and functionality of the Availity RCM product.
• Project management of team initiatives as defined by leadership in support of company goals and initiatives.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a Healthcare or IT related program, or equivalent work experience
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in project management, deployment or continuous improvement in a healthcare delivery environment.
• PMP certification preferred
• Experience working in a scrum environment preferred
• Strong knowledge of software development methodologies
• Working knowledge of various Microsoft Office tools, including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Outlook
• Knowledge of Microsoft Visio a plus
• Ability to comprehend complex technical processes.
• Ability to communicate technical processes to others with varying degrees of technical experience, knowledge and understanding.
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills to interface with internal & external customers and management.
• Detail oriented
• Knowledge of practice management systems, medical insurance, health care information systems and medical billing a plus.
• Possess excellent analytical skills for the purposes of project quality assurance, customer support, and technical documentation
Availity is an equal opportunity employer and makes decisions in employment matters without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
NOTICE: Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. When required by state law or federal regulation, Availity uses I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification in conjunction with E-Verify to determine employment eligibility. Learn more about E-Verify at http://www.dhs.gov/e-verify.