Our commitment to regulatory compliance
At Availity, we consider the confidentiality and integrity of legally protected health information one of our highest priorities. Providers, health plans, technology companies, laboratories, and pharmacies can be assured that Availity's transactions are compliant with HIPAA regulations.
We have the resources to take on the burden of regulatory compliance for our customers. In fact, we’ve made compliance a rigorous part of our operations with:
- A dedicated Privacy and Security Officer
- Company-wide enforcement of extensive HIPAA policies and procedures
- Data security and safeguards that exceed current regulatory requirements
- Active monitoring of changes to industry regulations
- Rigorous employee orientation and ongoing HIPAA training and development
- Leadership in national and local regulatory workgroups, forums, and standards committees such as SHARP, WEDI/SNIP, and ANSI X12
Availity specifically agrees to adhere to the Standards of Privacy and Security of Individually Identifiable Health Information published by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Offices for Civil Rights (CFR 45 Parts 160 and 164).
The National Provider Identifier (NPI) is a standard required under HIPAA. The NPI is a unique, 10-digit identification number for health care providers that is free of any personal or identifying information.