Availity delivers revenue cycle and related business solutions for health care professionals who want to build healthy, thriving organizations. Availity has the powerful tools, actionable insights and expansive network reach that medical businesses need to get an edge in an industry constantly redefined by change.
The Portfolio Director manages multiple product lines by providing vision, resolving tactical prioritization and creating/monitoring critical performance metrics. The Portfolio Director is responsible for driving design, development and delivery for multiple product lines through diverse directly managed teams and matrixed contributors such as Marketing and Sales. As the internal and external portfolio evangelist, the PD is accountable for overall product success in both revenue and profitability. The PD works with Availity owners, partners and a broad network of customers to design solutions that solve market problems. Collaborates with the Product Organization to understand the market opportunity and viability of product design.
- Creates a vision and strategy for the portfolio through market analysis and in collaboration with Corporate Strategy. Communicates that vision so that employees in the group understand how their product fits into the larger product roadmap to solve customer problems or maximize customer opportunities. Builds enthusiasm and momentum through leadership.
- Drives profitable revenue growth by correctly assessing the market opportunity, appropriately deploying resources and managing multiple Product Line Managers by setting goals and measuring outcomes. Ensures that projects are completed and properly documented according to product specifications, timelines and quality standards
- Accountable for delivering a commercially viable product and ensures all factors of a go to market strategy are enacted.
- Develop market insights by maintaining close relationships with the market for awareness of market needs. Works with Marketing, Sales and others as they identify appropriate markets and develops effective strategies and tactics for reaching them. Partners with Marketing on the Go-To-Market strategy. Assists sales in their interactions with prospects and users.
- Collaborates with Market Research to strategize, plan, and prioritize market, product, and subject matter research that identify and define opportunities to support and grow business. Specifies market requirements for current and future products supported not only by research, but also through ongoing visits to customers and non-customers.
- Plans, directs, and tracks technical, cost, and schedule management for assigned products as well as the allocation of resources (contract or employee) to each product implementation, negotiating agreements across department lines as required. Maintains portfolio budgets including monthly accrual and forecasts. Monitors costs and resource commitments and creates reporting to ensure the GM is informed on the financial status of the product. Identifies ways to improve efficiency of the development process.
- Oversees the implementation of new products/features in to existing operations. This includes internal communications, metrics, process design and operational readiness.
- Collaborates and influences across the Availity matrix organization to align the activities of product, marketing, IT, sales, and service teams and their leaders to deliver the product(s). Drives cross-team innovation and enterprise thinking to actively seek opportunities for growth through product line extensions, geographical and channel expansion, or operational/cost improvements to existing products.
The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected or asked to perform.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 10 years’ experience in product development or management
- Experience with modern technology architectures, database technology, virtualization, and the impact of government initiatives and HIPAA privacy and security regulations on system design.
- Experience working with providers, health plans, clearinghouses or other organizations including comprehensive understanding of health plans management of their provider networks.
- Experience with real time processing systems.
- Experience working in an Agile and/or iterative development environment.
- Experience representing company and products to the client and industry; feedback.
- Experience working across multiple levels (including executive level), functions and regions; able to clearly communicate complex information in a easy to understand manner; able to deliver message effectively verbally and in writing.
- P&L and business planning experience.
- Masters Degree and / or an advanced degree in healthcare or technology related field
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Disciplined with a commitment to delivering results
- Achievement oriented
- Takes initiative
- Inspires continuous improvement & breakthrough thinking
- Able to deal with ambiguity
- Bring a passion for the business
- Sets clear direction and aligns others around common
- Builds relationships and influences and motivates others
- Demonstrates an optimistic, yet practical, can-do attitude
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Develops others and self
- Addresses performance issues effectively
- Effective at building consensus and gaining agreement
- Performs all aspects of his/her role with integrity
- Strong intellectual horsepower
- Displays analytical and conceptual thinking
- Simplifies complex ideas/concepts and effectively translates to others
- Exercises good judgment
- Instinctively knows when to stop fact-finding and commit to a decision
- Effective at negotiating business issues
- Values process improvement
- Challenges conventional thinking
- Encourages new ideas
- Creates new concepts
Availity is an equal opportunity employer and makes decisions in employment matters without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
NOTICE: Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. When required by state law or federal regulation, Availity uses I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification in conjunction with E-Verify to determine employment eligibility. Learn more about E-Verify at http://www.dhs.gov/e-verify.