Availity delivers revenue cycle and related business solutions for health care professionals who want to build healthy, thriving organizations. Availity has the powerful tools, actionable insights and expansive network reach that medical businesses need to get an edge in an industry constantly redefined by change.
As an Availity Client Account Manager (CAMs), you serve as a trusted business advisor consulting with clients on strategic opportunities to leverage our company products and services to improve the health of their business. Key responsibilities include 1) assessing the client’s current and future technical and operational needs, 2) making recommendations based upon an analysis of the Client’s business goals, operational workflow, and utilization trends and 3) promoting positive relationships and goodwill so profitable accounts are retained and grown. This position works closely with the sales team to identify opportunities to expand accounts core to our revenue growth. This is accomplished through conducting research, building relationship with key decisions makers within the client’s organization and generating qualified referrals for the sales team. In addition to strategic consulting, you will work with internal business and technology teams to ensure that the day-to-day technical performance of our products meets the client’s expectations. Any technical issues and/or product training needs are surfaced early, tracked and resolved through the appropriate channels (e.g., Call Center, Learning Center webinars, etc.) leaving more time to spend on research and consulting with clients.
• Develop a basic understanding of the client’s business and internal procedures
• Conduct an annual health-check review of client’s key product metrics with assistance from a Field Director
• Assess error rates, volume trends and workflows to recommend solutions for continuous process improvement and increased efficiency
• Monitor transactions to improve utilization of electronic transactions
• Recommend appropriate reports for clients to utilize to manage their effectiveness and business processes
• Determine who the key decision makers and influencers are within the provider organizations. Understand issues/pain points from their perspective and how Availity products and solutions could solve their most pressing problems.
• Recommend additional Availity products based on client business needs and product fit analysis
• Submit referral leads to Inside Sales (for established clients) or RVP/Sales Executive (for new clients [< 12 months since contract signed])
• Track referrals to ensure leads are followed up on by Salesbusiness
• Promote positive relationships with assigned clients
• Conduct regular touch point, problem solving and/or business operational meetings (Ability to travel up to 60% for client visits and meetings [onsite service hub] required)
• Monitor client satisfaction with products and services
• Working with finance, ensure clients are being invoiced by the terms of their contract
• Interact with payers on behalf of the client to help resolve client issues
• Assist clients in practice management system migration to Availity products
• Understand the basic customization options available within the product and with assistance, work to customize the client’s product experience to meet their internal work flow needs
• Continually monitor product utilization and performance and take correction action where necessary
• Develop project plans to track and follow-up on service items
• Work with internal departments to ensure client’s requests are being met and issues are being researched and resolved
• Ensure any technical issues and/or product training needs are surfaced early, tracked and resolved through the appropriate channels (e.g., Call Center, Learning Center webinars, etc.) leaving more time to spend on research and consulting with clients.
• Assignment and completion of small department projects at management discretion
The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected or asked to perform.
• High School diploma or equivalent
• A BA/BS degree is preferred
• Work Experience (Typical)
• 1 - 2 years of revenue cycle management/billing experience in physician business office (or related Availity experience supporting physician offices)
• Working knowledge of practice management software applications or equivalent technical experiences with software implementations
• Working knowledge of Microsoft office products
• Basic computer skills such as starting a program from the Start Menu or the desktop, resizing windows, adding shortcuts on the desktop, navigating file folder structure, adjusting browser settings, troubleshooting basic browser issues.
• Work Experience (Preferred)
• 2 - 3 years of experience in billing A/R management operations in a multi-physician practice
• Expert knowledge in 1 -2 practice management systems
• Experience in managing software upgrades in a revenue cycle environment
• Proficient in Microsoft office including advanced Excel skills.
• Experience in inpatient and outpatient billing procedures, business rules and processes
• Candidates must have an understanding of a physician’s office revenue cycle.
• Must possess excellent project management, influencing and consultative skills.
Availity is an equal opportunity employer and makes decisions in employment matters without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
NOTICE: Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. When required by state law or federal regulation, Availity uses I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification in conjunction with E-Verify to determine employment eligibility. Learn more about E-Verify at http://www.dhs.gov/e-verify.