Availity delivers revenue cycle and related business solutions for health care professionals who want to build healthy, thriving organizations. Availity has the powerful tools, actionable insights and expansive network reach that medical businesses need to get an edge in an industry constantly redefined by change.
The Network Security Engineer I operates company's network infrastructure with an emphasis on security. Assists in the planning and implementation of networking and security solutions with an emphasis on service provider centric data center topologies. This position is not a security analyst position and requires hands-on experience with a variety of network and security devices.
• Responsible for operations of the company's network security infrastructure.
• Responsible for the day-to-day activities related to various firewalls, intrusion prevention systems, proxies, load balancers, and application delivery controllers.
• Perform security monitoring of LANs, WANs, servers and remote access and monitoring of network systems for evidence of unauthorized access and/or activity and performing forensics on security incidents
• Develop basic network security designs
• Troubleshoot a range of network security infrastructure related issues
• Document detailed records of findings and problem resolution
• Participates in the on-call rotation with peer Network Security Engineers.
• Ensures a secure network environment through the recommendation and implementation of best practices that foster security.
• Two years experience implementing, operating, and troubleshooting various Firewalls, WAF, Proxies, IPS systems, IPSec VPNs, and Public Key Infrastructure (PKI).
• Enterprise level expertise in security with a working knowledge of how network security ties into the overall risk management.
• In-depth understanding of DNS and public/private implementations
• Familiarity with enterprise network and security monitoring products.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
• JNCIS, JNCIP and/or CCNP certifications in the security are a plus
• Security certifications such as CISSP, GSEC are a plus
• Juniper Networks Junos OS, Junos Space with security director, Cisco IOS,
• F5 Networks GTM/LTM/ASM and/or Citrix Netscaler experience a plus
• Bluecoat Proxy and SSL Visibility Appliances
Availity is an equal opportunity employer and makes decisions in employment matters without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
NOTICE: Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. When required by state law or federal regulation, Availity uses I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification in conjunction with E-Verify to determine employment eligibility. Learn more about E-Verify at http://www.dhs.gov/e-verify.