Availity delivers revenue cycle and related business solutions for health care professionals who want to build healthy, thriving organizations. Availity has the powerful tools, actionable insights and expansive network reach that medical businesses need to get an edge in an industry constantly redefined by change.
• As an Availity Revenue Cycle Specialist (RCS), you serve as a billing process expert advising clients on medical office workflow, common billing practices, and opportunities to offer our company products and services to improve the health of their business.
• Key responsibilities include 1) Educating client on common billing practices, billing terminology 2) Provide expert guidance on EDI processing requirements 3) making product recommendations based upon client workflow and efficiency needs and 4) promoting positive relationships and goodwill so profitable accounts are retained and grown.
• This position works closely with the Business Analysts, Client Service Center and Value Added Resellers to ensure client are retained and satisfied.
• A thorough knowledge of our company products is essential for success in this role. Any technical issues and/or product training needs are surfaced early, tracked and resolved through the appropriate channels (e.g., Call Center, Learning Center webinars, etc.) leaving more time to spend on electronic billing process education and troubleshooting with clients.
• Develop a basic understanding of the client’s business and internal procedures
• Reviews key metrics through the CAM Dashboard and proactively contacts client regarding trends.
• Assess error rates, volume trends and workflows to recommend solutions for continuous process improvement and increased efficiency
• Monitor transactions to improve utilization of electronic transactions
• Recommend appropriate standard reports for clients to utilize and manage their revenue cycle.
• Pinpoint common pain points within client’s billing process and educate client on solutions and resources that can assist in resolution of their issues.
• Recommend additional Availity products based on client business needs and product fit analysis
• Submit referral leads to Inside Sales (for established clients) or RVP/Sales Executive (for new clients [< 12 months since contract signed])
• Track referrals to ensure leads are followed up on by Sales
• Promote positive relationships with all clients
• Monitor client satisfaction with products and services
• Interact with payers on behalf of the client to help resolve client issues
• Assist clients in practice management system migration to Availity products
• Understand the basic customization options available within the product and with assistance, work to customize the client’s product experience to meet their internal work flow needs
• Work with internal departments to ensure client’s requests are being met and issues are being researched and resolved
Ensure any technical issues and/or product training needs are surfaced early, tracked and resolved through the appropriate channels (e.g., Call Center, Learning Center webinars, etc.) leaving more time to spend on research and consulting with clients.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- A BA/BS degree is preferred a plus
- 1 year of front office, back office, revenue cycle management/billing experience in physician business office (or related Availity experience supporting physician offices)
- Prefer 2 - 3 years of front office, back office, revenue cycle management/billing experience in physician business office (or related Availity experience supporting physician offices)
- Experience in inpatient and outpatient billing procedures, business rules and processes.
- Expert knowledge in 1 -2 practice management systems
- Working knowledge of practice management software applications or equivalent technical experiences with software implementations
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office products
- Basic computer skills such as starting a program from the Start Menu or the desktop, resizing windows, adding shortcuts on the desktop, navigating file folder structure, adjusting browser settings, troubleshooting basic browser issues.
- Customer Analysis – Able to interview customer and gather appropriate details to thoroughly understand their needs and their workflow.
- Product Knowledge – Comprehensive, in-depth knowledge of Availity’s product suite functions, features and value proposition.
- Competitor Analysis – Able to research and analyze competitor products in comparison to Availity’s solution set.
Availity is an equal opportunity employer and makes decisions in employment matters without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
NOTICE: Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. When required by state law or federal regulation, Availity uses I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification in conjunction with E-Verify to determine employment eligibility. Learn more about E-Verify at http://www.dhs.gov/e-verify.