Availity delivers revenue cycle and related business solutions for health care professionals who want to build healthy, thriving organizations. Availity has the powerful tools, actionable insights and expansive network reach that medical businesses need to get an edge in an industry constantly redefined by change.
The Implementation Coordinator is responsible for implementation, configuration, training and workflow design of practice operations to support the successful adoption of the prior authorization solution. The implementation coordinator works in partnership with implementation team members and in-line with outlined implementation methodologies. This role focuses on project management and client facing activities during product implementation.
• Participate as a key member of the core team charged with the implementation of the Prior Authorization (PA) solutions and services in physician and hospital settings
• Serve as the main point of contact and PA solution subject matter expert for clients during the implementation process, go-live support during implementation.
• Conducts regular meetings with assigned VAR and clients
• Gather pre-go-live metrics related to the number, complexity and timing of authorizations
• Analyze and document the requirements of the sites workflow as they pertain to the implementation of PA software
• Complete Implementation Checklist in order to gather all pertinent business and technical data required to facilitate the go-live
• Prepare areas of recommendation and/or alternatives that address existing and potential areas of improvement for client operations around PA
• Document implementation decisions and configuration approach
• Customize a training curriculum to train and instruct relevant staff on the use and features
• of the PA solutions
• Ensures the successful transition of the client from implementation to support following implementation
• Coordinates work from other roles involved in the implementation process including the channel partner relationship manager, implementation analyst, VAR, IT, enrollment support, and implementation manager.
• Bachelors degree preferred in an equivalent or related field
• 2 years equivalent work experience in Healthcare related field
• 2 – 3 years’ experience in implementing Healthcare IT software within a healthcare delivery environment
• Candidates will have a minimum of 3 years prior authorization with working knowledge of practice management software applications.
• Candidates with experience working with one or more practice management, electronic medical records, radiology information systems software systems a plus.
• Candidates must have an understanding of a physician’s office revenue cycle.
• Remote Implementation Coordinator: Minimal travel required
• Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbal to groups of people and/or individuals at all levels of an organization.
• Ability to work independently and prioritize work effectively; ability to multi-task
• Project Management skills or background is helpful a plus
• Ability to manage computer hardware/software installations and/or upgrades is helpful a plus.
Availity is an equal opportunity employer and makes decisions in employment matters without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
NOTICE: Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. When required by state law or federal regulation, Availity uses I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification in conjunction with E-Verify to determine employment eligibility. Learn more about E-Verify at http://www.dhs.gov/e-verify.