Availity delivers revenue cycle and related business solutions for health care professionals who want to build healthy, thriving organizations. Availity has the powerful tools, actionable insights and expansive network reach that medical businesses need to get an edge in an industry constantly redefined by change.
As an Availity Developer, you are responsible for the detailed design, documentation, development, unit testing and maintenance of internally developed applications for Availity business partners. Your SCRUM team responds to business partner needs, expectations, and challenges that are identified.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent in relevant work experience
- Two (2) or more years of experience working in an Agile and/or iterative development environment.
- Two (2) or more years of healthcare industry experience
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial company or entrepreneurial environment
- Knowledge, skills, and experience to write detailed technical documentation, specifically business requirements and functional specifications for application development
- Ability and experience to facilitate JAD sessions or other requirements gathering processes. May work with senior Developers to resolve/debug program errors
- Knowledge and ability to apply OOD (Java, HTML, XML, Java Script, .Net C# and Patterns) and impact to the application development process
- Knowledge of web development methodologies (primarily Agile/Scrum), application design, navigation, and information architecture
- Knowledge of basic database design and query language
- Strong relationship management and collaboration skills requirements and functional specifications for application development
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships, supporting company leadership and other team members
- Ability to work under pressure. Maintains composure and professionalism in an interrupt-driven environment
- Ability to manage multiple and changing priorities/tasks
- Must be flexible and embrace change
- Test Driven Development
- Pair Programming
- HTML, JQuery, and CSS
- Basic understanding of web services a plus
- Understanding of Git a plus
- Understanding of basic unit testing a plus
Availity is an equal opportunity employer and makes decisions in employment matters without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
NOTICE: Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. When required by state law or federal regulation, Availity uses I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification in conjunction with E-Verify to determine employment eligibility. Learn more about E-Verify at http://www.dhs.gov/e-verify.