Availity delivers revenue cycle and related business solutions for health care professionals who want to build healthy, thriving organizations. Availity has the powerful tools, actionable insights and expansive network reach that medical businesses need to get an edge in an industry constantly redefined by change.
Senior Staff Accountant - Revenue reporting to Financial Accounting Manager responsible for processing monthly close entries, accounts receivable reconciliations, maintaining the Zuora billing system and responding to vendor inquiries for the completion of accurate and timely accounting records and for the production of financial and regulatory reports based on those records. Other responsibilities include performing account analysis, preparing account reconciliations, preparing accounting statements and reports, and coordination and management of account reporting and filings. Plans, coordinates and resolves accounting matters with other Accounting members, departments, locations and divisions. Accounting policies and procedures are established to ensure that all financial transactions are executed and documented in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. Findings and recommendations are presented to management.
• Responsible for maintaining the Zuora billing system for multiple lines of business, including setting up new accounts, processing monthly invoices and applying payments
• Prepare monthly close revenue entries from billing system and post to general ledger
• Perform account reconciliations, monitor aging schedules and determine reserve requirements
• Perform analytical review of credit card payments, reconciling amounts to settlement reports and recording any related expenses
• Prepare monthly rebate commission statements and initiate related payments
• Use accounting system’s bank reconciliation module to reconcile to monthly bank statements
• Assist with analytical review of revenue during month end, comparing actuals to budgets and trends, by product code and vendor
• Assist with invoice inquiries and promptly resolve any billing/payment issues
• Assist with compilation of audit support for year-end financial audit
• Collaboratively work to resolve issues and create more efficient processes and procedures
• Complete other projects as assigned
The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected or asked to perform.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field
• 4+ years of progressive accounting experience
• Experience using Great Plains or other accounting system software
• Experience using Zuora or other billing systems
• Advanced user of Excel (vlookups, pivot tables)
• Experience with customer inquiries, collections and cash application
• CPA or CPA eligible is a plus
• Public accounting experience a plus
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Familiarity with standard concepts, practices and procedures related to the application of GAAP
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational skills; must be detail-oriented
• Open to change and willing to learn new skills
• A certain degree of creativity and latitude
• Experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
• Experience working with all levels of management both in and outside of Finance
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to follow up on pending issues
****Partner Agencies: Please do not submit resumes for this role****
Availity is an equal opportunity employer and makes decisions in employment matters without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
NOTICE: Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. When required by state law or federal regulation, Availity uses I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification in conjunction with E-Verify to determine employment eligibility. Learn more about E-Verify at http://www.dhs.gov/e-verify.